Monday, October 25, 2010

My artwork

One of the ways I express myself is through painting, as an artist. I'm currently a watercolorist, and often paint very colorful landscapes, animals, and abstracts. The way I paint is a very intuitive expression of whatever subject matter has crossed my path. I can plan out a painting, but my favorite way is to just begin painting with no idea of how it will turn out.

Some of my most satisfying paintings were done with only a feeling or a musical event in my mind as a starting point.  For example, after performing Verdi's Requiem with a wonderful chorus, the music was still so vivid in my mind that I decided to paint the feeling of the music, with no endpoint in mind.  What came out was "Verdi's Requiem" below. 

I paint to express, to emote, and to process -- whatever it is that needs any of that. I also help other artists with marketing their artwork.

Please contact me if you're interested in any of my paintings. 


















Verdi's Requiem, by Adele Sonora

No comments:

Post a Comment