Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Izzy's Dream

This watercolor is named after a dog.  A white, fluffy, standard poodle dog.  Some of us called her "Izzy" for short, or maybe it was just me.  Oh, and she was also part human.  She used to walk in my house (with her owner, a good friend of mine who's also an artist) and immediately go sit on the couch very comfortably. 

I think I fell in love with Izzy about the same time I started this painting, so somehow the connection got made.  I didn't even finish it until after she died.  She's the only dog I've known, so far, that was given a memorial service in her honor.  Turns out, I wasn't the only one that loved her.
















If you want to know more about any of my paintings, please contact me at:  asonora@cal.net

Adele Sonora 

No comments:

Post a Comment